Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Progress Report

Hey so check it out, I've been a busy little bee. My list of stuff to do in January is already done.

By the end of January:
  1. Buy a bike
  2. Pick an NPO to start talking with about sponsorship
  3. Plan a rough budget for the next 10 months
  4. Decide how I'm going to pick a route (Whether I use ACA maps, Google Maps, releasing from San Diego a pigeon captured in Boston and following it, etc...)
  5. Sell car
Task 1 was done in style way back in the first week of January.

Task 2, you might notice a big shiny new widget on the side of my blog. While I'm doing this trip for fun, I might as well do something useful at the same time. I'll post in more detail about the good cause I'm riding for.

Task 4, I'm WAY ahead of schedule by already having a rough draft of the actual route.

Task 3 is done but I didn't need to take you with me on that particular journey because have the fiscal responsibility of Robert Downey Jr in a Vegas VIP strip club, so I found myself writing things like "Don't buy magic beans from a strange man on the side of the road" and "At the very least burn 1's senselessly instead of 20's you idiot".

Task 5 I completed as well, and came out of the deal 150 bucks richer. Oh sure, you could look at that and say my car must have been a real piece of crap, but it only depreciated 400 dollars in 4 years. How much money has your car gone down in worth, Mr. Car-Manufactured-Sometime-in-the-21st-Century? Yeah that's what I thought.

I plan to go way more widget crazy sometime soon as well, hopefully culminating with some sort of map that shows a big ugly cyclist slowly moving across the US in real-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment